All The World's A Stage...

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" -As You Like It, William Shakespeare

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Well, back in my day....



If I were to have a day,yet, which can be disputed. At any rate, what I'm talking about is the 90's ahh the 90's. They get farther away everyday, funny how time works like that. Anyway, being that it is now a new year, I thought what I would add as a contribution would be what was way cool back in the day.

Beanie Babies...need I say more?

Lisa Frank...to own any thing lisa frank back in elementary school was the cool thing. This means your pencils, paper, notebooks, folders, stamps, stickers, etc. all needed to be lisa frank brand. Gift bags at parties? Lisa Frank themed.

Slap bracelets...very trendy. Came in all sorts of varieties, animal patterns were popular. They later started getting banned in some schools.

Transformers...a must, not only with boys, but also to some girls. I personally preferred the animorph transformers that changed between the human and the animal they turned into.

Push Pops...this candy was "da bomb", other good candies at the time were ring pops, bubble tape gum, and stripes gum.

Tiger Games...You know, the little gaming systems that usually only offered one game. I had the Lion King one, of course. As far as technology goes, most all gaming systems were popular. And the 90s certainly had quite a few, In kindergarten nintendo 64, was the cool thing, but later on...sega genesis...playstation...sega dreamcast...playstation 2...gameboy...etc.

Polly Pocket...very amazing to a kindergarten to second grader. Barbies were pretty nice, too, for that matter. Littlest pet shop? another must have. I named one of my littlest pet shop pets, basketcase. I just stuck two words together, I didn't know what it meant.

Okay, so there was a few out of the many things that were school fads in my elementary school life. I might bring more to you later if I feel so inclined, but as a finishing note, here were a few common phrases...

"Talk to the hand, cause the face ain't gonna listen"

"Then why don't you marry it!"

just saying NOT or SYKE after everything...

"Jinx!!"

"Whatever!" well, same as now, but with a different inflection.

"She thinks she's all that and a bag of potato chips"

"You go girl!"

And until the next time, I post a blog...
See ya later, alligator♥

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

In a while, crocodile!

Speaking of which, I want to mention "Animorphs" and "The Magic Treehouse" books, which were also big.

2:40 PM  
Blogger CS said...

And Pokemon.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home